If you are facing network calling issues and receive poor signals. So you can solve this from wifi calling and use it in your oneplus devices. Here you can read enable wifi calling in oneplus smartphones and activate it.
In this tutorial, you can enable WiFi calling in any One Plus (1+) smartphones like oneplus 5, oneplus 5T, oneplus 6, oneplus6T, oneplus 7, oneplus 7Pro, oneplus 7T, oneplus 7T Pro, oneplus 8, oneplus 8 pro and oneplus nord.
India telecom providers Airtel and Jio have launched wifi calling services for users so we need to enable and turn on wifi calling on oneplus android smartphone to use it. WiFi calling is also known as VoWiFi means voice over wifi.
What is WiFi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a path-breaking technology that allows customers to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network using their existing phone number. Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition (HD) voice service that uses a High-Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network.
Features of WiFi Calling
- Make and receive calls with Wi-Fi using the existing phone number.
- Better voice quality on calls.
- Helps connect in case of signal issues in remote areas or cellular-dark zones of a building.
- It’s included at no additional charge. All you need is an existing voice plan and an HD voice compatible device.
- No drop calls issue.
Pre Requirements for wifi calling
- A OnePlus smartphone
- In the latest Android 10 OS Update, you don’t see the option for vowifi in oneplus 5 ,5T so you can download an old oneplus logkit app from here OnePlus old Logkit install it and reboot the device.
- Supported wifi calling service provider sim and this has an activated plan for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Currently in India Airtel and Jio are official support wifi calling service and BSNL, Vodafone Idea rebranding to VI are not supported wifi calling.
- WiFi with data connection because of this technology uploading and downloading voice on the server using data of wifi.
Steps to Enable WiFi Calling in any OnePlus device
- Connect your OnePlus phone to any WiFi network.
- Go to settings > Wi-Fi & networks > SIM network Then find wifi calling toggle if it finds then enable it and enjoy wifi calling to make & receive calls. And if this is not available then follow these steps.
- Go to your one plus phone dialer and dial *#800# it automatically opens a new Log-test window and clicks on enter.
- Find onplus Logkit and click it. It opens a new page.
- Find Function Switch and click on it then new page open.
- Find VoWifi switch checkbox and check it.
- Then it shows an alert box to make the device reboot and reboot your oneplus device.
- After rebooting device Go to settings > Wi-Fi & networks > SIM network Then find wifi calling toggle make enable it and enjoy wifi calling to make & receive calls.
You Can also watch this video tutorial
Steps to turn off WiFi Calling
- Go to settings
- Wi-Fi & networks
- SIM network Then finds wifi calling toggle and turn off this
To follow these steps you can turn on and turn off wifi calling in any One Plus device with Airtel WiFi Calling and Jio WiFi Calling. These the first two steps required in the latest OnePlus device like Oneplus Nord, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T Pro, Oneplus 7, Oneplus 7T, Oneplus 6T, and Oneplus 6 because these are official support from Oneplus.
And all steps are required in the old OnePlus devices like OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, and OnePlus 3T because these three devices are officially not supported but they are unofficial support in the beta testing.
WiFi calling feature makes calls in low network signals areas like indoor buildings areas then you connect the phone to a wifi network and make HD calls. If you have any issue with enabling wifi calling or other issues then comment below and I reply to comment.